Re: failure of f24 to f25 upgrade

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: failure of f24 to f25 upgrade
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 21:54:13 +0100

On Thursday, 01 December 2016 at 21:40, Howard Howell wrote:

> [...]

Yes, because dnf complains about issues with the updated
google-earth-stable package, not the current one.

Try `rpm -e google-earth-stable'.

Regards,
Dominik

PS. Your quoting is bad (no indentation, so it misattributes quotes)
    and this is really not a topic for the developers list.

# rpm -e google-earth-stable
[root@school log]#

Well, I tried the users list, no reply.  I did google, bugzilla, and
checked as many search terms as I could.  Upgrades via dnf are
relatively new, and since it was not on bugzilla, I thought before I
submitted one I should have sufficient supporting information on what
exactly is the bug.  A non conforming package is going to happen on the
cutting edge, so this is something that bears investigation by the
developers, I would think.

Also if investigation proves that I caused it then providing people
with information to avoid the issue would be good, wouldn't it?
 However installing a non supported package should not prevent an
upgrade, should it?

Regards,
Les H