Re: Still use fedpkg to build docker images in OSBS?

On 11/29/2016 09:24 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 01:50:29PM +0800, Chenxiong Qi wrote:
What I know so far is that docker images are built in Koji by the
container build plugin. I'd like to know if the osbs functionality
in fedpkg is still useful for some of you. This could be helpful to
determine whether to remove osbs from package tool totally, or just
make it a standalone command (separated from container-build
command) so that some packagers are still able to use it to build
images in OSBS directly.

Hi -- I'm not sure I understand the question. Using fedpkg to build
Fedora container images is a key part of our plan. What would be the
benefit of a separate command?

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I meant I'd like to know whether some packagers still use this command to build docker images in OSBS directly

    fedpkg container-build --build-with osbs

A separate command could make rpkg more modularized, and it will certainly benefit downstream package tools to customize themselves easily with less "magic code". For example the rhpkg, it's used to build docker images just by interacting with Brew (aka Koji), so osbs related options were removed from command line.

--
Regards,
Chenxiong Qi