Re: upcoming build and release developer flag day December 12 2016

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 10:10:17 +0000
Tom Hughes <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20/11/16 01:11, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
> > koji authentication will be switching to Kerberos. Koji supports
> > multiple authentication mechanisms. Fedora infrastructure has set
> > up a freeipa instance internally that has credential syncing to
> > fas. We are working on ensuring that gssapi caching is supported so
> > that you can have multiple TGT's and the ability to work in
> > multiple reams at once. you can get started today by doing kinit
> > <fas username>@FEDORAPROJECT.ORG if you move your ~/.fedora.cert
> > file out of the way authentication will still work.
>
> Bearing in mind that I've never used kerberos before, so I may be
> misunderstanding something completely here, a little experimentation
> suggests that currently the longest ticket lifetime we can request
> with kinit is 24 hours?
>
> It looks like it can be renewed up to a week (well six days, plus the
> one day lifetime of the final ticket) but you do have to remember to
> keep renewing before the 24 hour expiry is reached.

Correct. Thats the current setting. Note that I think gnome online
accounts auto handles the renewing for you (but I could be
misremembering that) if you are using that.

> All of which is something of a change from the current six month
> cycle with the client certificates.

True, but getting a new ticket once a week doesn't seem like that big a
deal to me. We can of course adjust it if desired.

kevin