Re: Touchpad data needed - 5 min of effort

On 18/11/16 19:53, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Ms Sanchez <bhkohane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Peter!

I tried to do this but it recorded nothing. Maybe I did something wrong?
Worked for me. But I did make modifications, I used tmux, because I'm
familiar with it, though that shouldn't matter, and I didn't literally
do this step:

$ sudo evemu-record > $HOME/touchpad-recording.evemu

Instead I did

$ sudo evemu-record > ~/touchpad-recording.evemu

One thing you may have not noticed is that after that command there's
a menu that appears and you have to find your trackpad device in that
menu list and choose it. Recording won't happen until you do this. You
can tail the file to check if it's recording trackpad data from that
point.

Yes, I chose the device but still nothing.  I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happened.

Thanks,
Sylvia