Re: sudo not looking into /usr/local

> Am 16.11.2016 08:08, schrieb Samuel Rakitničan:
>
> You can change the default behaviour in "/etc/sudoers" or (better) by
> adding a file in "/etc/sudoers.d".
>
> If you want to keep the users path, add:
>
> Defaults env_keep += "PATH"
> Defaults !secure_path
>
> or to change the (default) secure path, just add
>
> Defaults secure_path = /your/path/here:/as/usual

File in /etc/sudoers.d is neat, thanks. But I am hoping we can came up with a new default setting or is there a reason not to include anything else?

I was thinking about it some more, and I think this setting does more harm then good. It limits what users can do but it doesn't stop them to bypass it with a simple alias sudo="sudo PATH=$PATH". So in my opinion the original "If you don't trust the people running sudo to have a sane PATH environment variable you may want to use this." kind of defeats its purpose.