Re: Touchpad data needed - 5 min of effort

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:45:10AM -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > [Disclaimer: sorry if you've seen this one before, I posted it to desktop@
> > but I only got one recording. That's not quite enough to call it a dataset,
> > let alone do any analysis on it. Please do consider the minimal effort
> > required on your behalf.]
> >
> > Are you using a touchpad frequently during the day? Then please read on, I
> > need
> > some touchpad usage data and it'll only take you 5 minutes to run the
> > commands
> > below to gather the data.
>
> Are you also interested in trackpoint data?

Not at this point, I can only focus on one thing at a time :)

More specifically: touchpad data is relatively easy to collect and analyse.
Trackpoint data is a lot more confusing and varied, so even to collect the
data in the first place I have to write a script that pulls in some other
information from the system. I'm not there yet, but if you're interested in
in working on trackpoint pointer acceleration in libinput, contact me
off-list please [1].

Cheers,
   Peter

[1] You'll get all the hate-mail you want, for free! :)