F26 Self Contained Change: Modular Compose

= Proposed Self Contained Change: Modular Compose =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ModularCompose

Change owner(s):
* Ralph Bean <rbean@xxxxxxxxxx>

For Fedora 26, we would like to modify the compose tools (pungi) to
produce an additional experimental variant, derived from modules built
in the Module Build Service.

== Detailed Description ==
As described in another change proposal
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ModuleBuildService], we are
going to implement and stand up a Module Build Service (MBS). Once we
have a built module (a side-tag in koji with a corresponding yum/dnf
repo), we would like to be able to do something with it:

The point of this change is to modify the existing compose tool used
by Release Engineering (pungi) so that it can consume content for a
new variant from the MBS.

For Fedora 26, we would like to produce an experimental variant as an
optional part of the primary compose called 'CrazyServer'. We want it
to be produced alongside the now-traditional 'Server', 'Workstation',
and 'Cloud' variants, using the same tools. In the event of failure,
we don't want 'CrazyServer' to be release blocking. Consider this an
experiment.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: We need to modify pungi to consume content from the MBS.

* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

* Release engineering: We will need to work with Release Engineering
to debug any problems we inadvertently introduce.

* List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
--
Jan Kuřík
Platform & Fedora Program Manager