Re: Unknown build target

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 12:12:43 +0200
Antonio Trande <anto.trande@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I Kevin.
>
> So if i wanted to test a build against packages in updates-testing
> wouldn't be possible?

nope, because there is no buildroot that populates from
updates-testing.

This is why we have buildroot overrides for maintainers that need
package A in the buildroot before they can build package B and make a
combined update with both.

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/overrides/

The way these work is they are requested in bodhi and bodhi adds the
'fNN-override' tag to the build(s). That tag is part of the inheritence
for 'fNN-build' so the next time it's rebuilt, that override build is
in there.

% koji list-tag-inheritance f25-build
f25-build (342)
  └─f25-override (341)
     └─f25-updates (336)
        └─f25 (335)

So, the f25-build tag inherits from f25-override (the overrides added
in bodhi), updates, and the base f25 repo.

The reason updates-testing isn't in there is that then we would build
against all of updates-testing, including things that are found to be
broken and later unpushed, or things that are still in updates-testing
when we push our dependent package to updates, etc.

Hope that helps,

kevin