Re: Installation validation test change proposal: merge USB tests into 'default boot and install', add more environment columns

> U.S. rural areas? :-D

I'm pretty rural, and even I have good internet.  Maybe we need to
redefine "rural" to be independent of physicality :-)

> Based on feedback from Ambassadors, DVD images may still be useful
> giveaways in regions with less access to bandwidth. I'm not sure what
> to do about that.

Having been through the "mail disks" end of things myself, I can agree
that having *some* way of bulk transferring data to people in need is,
if not mandatory, at least very useful.  However, I would condition that
with "any method that works" - it doesn't need to be an installable
image, for example, as long as the recipient can use it locally to do an
install somehow (for example, a split-up directory tree that, when
combined, makes an nfs-installable repo, would be sufficient).

We'd need to consider how often such disks are needed vs the effort of
making them "pretty" on our end.  For example, if an Ambassador can use
their laptop, or a USB stick, to bootstrap an install (i.e. at an
installfest), then use that machine to install to others... etc.

Just saying, while a cd/dvd/bluray is the easiest thing to mail, it's
not the only option to enable those folks.  We need to balance
stack-of-cds vs bluray vs usbstick vs laptop vs effort on our end vs
what the actual problem is (i.e. "test Fedora" vs "local full repo").

(personally, I think a bootable USB is much more useful than an
installable disc, as long as the USB can store user data and thus not be
transient, but I too have a few older machines that can't boot USB)

> I downloaded djgpp over a second-hand 1200 baud modem in the early 90s.

Me too.  Oh wait... ;-)