When to file a Self-Contained Change [was Re: F26 Self Contained Change: Jekyll]

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:07:12AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Jekyll =
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Jekyll
> > Since when adding new package requires Change proposal?
> A single new package shouldn't have a change proposal, it only should
> if it's a significant addition or stack.

Sometimes, that's something like the Rust compiler, which is just two
packages, but still significant.

I think a general rule of thumb is: something (even a single package)
makes a useful self-contained Change if it fits into our current
marketing story, advancing the Fedora Editions or a Fedora Objective.
Big changes to our alternate offerings make sense too: if there's a big
update to Xfce or KDE Plasma with a lot of user-facing benefits, this
is a great way to communicate it.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>