Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On Fri, 2016-10-07 at 21:11 +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> On 10/04/2016 08:10 PM, stan wrote:
>
> > I think I can confirm this advice.  I always run dnf manually from the
> > command line, in a VT logged in as root.  And I can run X while doing
> > this and I've never had a dnf update issue.
>

> The problem with this is that the VT doesn't have a long history,
> so if you can't really see what dnf has done.
> (e.g. I visually search any rpmsave rpmorig rpmnew warning)

Several ways to handle this have already been discussed upthread, and
another thing you can do is look at the 'dnf history info' output for
the transaction; that contains all the same warnings that are shown
real-time.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey