Systemd Security

I found this article stating some alarming claims about systemd
security, are this claims true?

If so, as developers should we be hardening systemd?

It states stuff like this:

"
Systemd's "we don't make mistakes" attitude towards security can be seen in other places, such as this code from the main() function of PID 1:

/* Disable the umask logic */
if (getpid() == 1)
        umask(0);

Setting a umask of 0 means that, by default, any file created by systemd
will be world-readable and -writable. Systemd defines a macro called RUN_WITH_UMASK
which is used to temporarily set a more restrictive umask when systemd needs to create
a file with different permissions. This is backwards. The default umask should be restrictive,
so forgetting to change the umask when creating a file would result in a file that obviously
doesn't work. This is called fail-safe design.
"

https://www.agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet

Cheers,
Ivan