Re: Who can fix coredumpctl?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 6:09 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 11:50 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> a bunch of patches which resulted from your report have now been
>> merged
>> into systemd upsteam (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/6740e
>> c4a6),
>> which should, I hope, fix the issues you mentioned.
>
> Cool.
>
> But is it still required to disable SELinux to use it? If the SELinux
> developers are unable to fix issues identified as priorities by the
> desktop team, it impacts my consideration of whether we should continue
> to enable SELinux in Workstation.

Egads, really?! That seems awfully extreme. On the matter of
probability, it's easy to argue we'll get better bug information
gathering with coredumptctl+abrt enabled reports compared to the
higher risk with SELinux disabled. But that sounds like it requires a
qualified risk assessment.

--
Chris Murphy