Re: Fedora Rawhide-20160927.n.1 compose check report

On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 10:43 -0500, Bowen Wang wrote:
> I just got up and run
> dnf upgrade --refresh
> It still didn't work, then I tried
> dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=rawhide
> The terminal output is error: no kernel packages were found.
> After that I run
> dnf upgrade --refresh again. My system start to upgrade.
> I found it pretty weird because I think I slept for 7 hours, and it will
> be enough for the mirror sync the latest packages, maybe there is still
> something wrong with my rawhide configuration?

Hum, hard to say, I've never really done any methodical checking of how
long mirrors take to sync. Which mirrors you get, also, depends to an
extent on where you are: mirrormanager guesses where you are based on
your IP address, and sends you servers from your region, so when you go
to that metalink URL I sent in my previous mail, the list you get is
different from the list I get.

I wouldn't recommend doing that 'system-upgrade to the same release
you're running' thing, it's not likely to make anything work better. It
just sounds like you happened to get the older metadata the first time
you did 'dnf upgrade --refresh', and the new metadata the second
time...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey