Re: duplicate package on fresh install

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 06:07:56 -0000
Samuel Rakitničan <srakitnican@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reinstall or any other dnf operation except remove doesn't work,
> didn't try --rebuilddb. There are many cases of such broken state on
> forums, but system is usually working fine AFAICT. Is there a way to
> alter rpm database to remove one version of a package without
> altering the system?

If you look at  man yum2dnf, it tells you the equivalent commands under
dnf for yum commands.  What you are trying to do is clean dupes.  These
are the appropriate commands for dnf, from that man page.

package-cleanup --dupes
is now
dnf repoquery --duplicated
and
package-cleanup --cleandupes
is now
dnf remove $(dnf repoquery --installonly --latest-limit -3 -q)

I recall using this dnf command successfully, but it has been a long
time.  Another way of saying, be careful.