Re: [HEADS UP] python-matplotlib-2.0.0 major update

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 16:55, Dan Horák wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:41:01 +0200
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I've just pushed (but not built) python-matplotlib-2.0.0b4 to rawhide.
> > I'll be attempting to rebuild all the affected packages locally to
> > test if they're compatible. In the meantime, feel free to git pull
> > and build locally for your own testing.
>
> python-matplotlib has been a pain for alternative arches recently, due
> failures in the test-suite (in 1.5.x). Is the 2.0 version going to be
> better in this regard?

tldr: no, but upstream is aware and working on it.

There are quite a few issues opened on upstream github tracker either
by me or by Debian maintainer. The main problem is that upstream checks
that rendering output matches their generated images. This changes
slightly with different versions of freetype. As a workaround, I
reintroduced a certain base tolerance in order not to add specific
tolerance value to each failing test (there are ~900 failing due to
slight rendering differences). Then, there are some arch-specific
issues, mainly on ARM.

The update is necessary as there are no more releases planned for
the 1.5.x branch.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org