Re: Locked memory limits are too low

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 09:27:25AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> The command "ulimit -l ..." lets you control such a limit. See
> command ulimit -a:

I think everyone's well aware of that.

That doesn't help when we were trying to run ppc64 qemu instances,
since those were launched from libvirtd, and therefore from systemd
(see the bug I filed which the original poster linked to).

It also shouldn't be necessary to have to faff around with memory
limits to do ordinary operations like starting a VM or trying to use
GNOME keyring.  The 64K limit is obviously much too low.

In answer to the original poster, this limit comes from the kernel
(include/uapi/linux/resource.h MLOCK_LIMIT), so I think we need to
persuade the kernel maintainers to fix this.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW