Re: Handling bugs which are fixed in upstream, but not released yet

On 09/14/2016 08:41 AM, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have question, how you handle bugs where fix already available in
> upstream, but you don't want to backport that fix yet. What you do
> with bug in our trash-box (bugzilla.redhat.com)?
>
> Probably you use whiteboard to indicate where it was fixed, close bug
> and write into comment that it will be fixed in next upstream release
> or ...?

Many projects use the POST state for this. What it means in that context is that
a patch exists and is waiting to be added to a package. Ideally, a comment or
See Also link would be added to the BZ to let any interested party know where it
could be found if they needed to.

A comment to the effect of "patch is available upstream, but due to the
complexity it won't hit Fedora until the next upstream release" would be useful
as well.

This allows the bug to also stay open, so when you go to submit a Bodhi update,
it's going to show up in the list of possible BZs to close with this update,
which will remind you to mark it or pull it in if you haven't done so yet.