Re: broken dependencies due to libgexiv2 python subpackages rename

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Kalev Lember <kalevlember@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/22/2016 01:56 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Hello, Kalev.
> > It would've been nice if you had contacted the maintainers of affected
> > packages before renaming the python subpackages of libgexiv2:
>
> Sorry, I didn't find anything using them when I checked. My bad. Thanks
> for fixing it up!

A good strategy for changes like this is to not even try to find out
if anything's using something. Fedora != the world, and we have a
documented process for changes like this that not only stuff in
Fedora, but things outside of Fedora that build on it should be able
to rely on. Just add the Provides, and remove it later:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Renaming.2FReplacing_Existing_Packages