Re: Can anyone explain this broken dependencies alert?

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:07:56 +0200
> Björn Persson <Bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I have similar problems, and filed a ticket:
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6459
> > > answer: "rawhide has failed to compose. it is being worked on"
> >
> > OK, thanks.
> >
> > It would be nice if the program would understand that, and not
> > complain to the wrong people about the wrong problem.
>
> The underlying issue here is that failed composes are still sending
> broken dep emails. They shouldn't. They should just fail.

There seems to be more to it than that. At
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/mdapi/rawhide/pkg/aws it now says
«"release": "1.fc26", "version": "2016"», and at
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/a/
I find aws-2016-1.fc26, so as far as I can tell the new build is really
actually in Rawhide now. Yet I'm still getting these alerts about
aws-2015-5.fc24 having broken dependencies in the rawhide tree.

I assume that once a compose has succeeded the new build is in and the
old one is gone, so later composes shouldn't cause alerts about the old
build regardless of whether they succeed or fail, right? So there must
be some other reason why I'm still getting these emails.

Could it be that it's actually trying to complain about F25, even
though it says "in the rawhide tree"? Because if it's about F25 then I
understand that it's broken (and the fix is waiting to be pushed when
it thaws), but what am I supposed to think when it says clearly and
unambiguously "rawhide"?

Björn Persson