Re: avr-gcc refusing to link against avr-libc in Fedora 23

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:07 AM, spike <spikefedora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snap]
> Could it be that the current avr-gcc that's in Fedora 23 (and it seems also in 24 and rawhide) is just not playing nicely with the (apparently pretty ancient) avr-libc version? Something was mentioned here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31740435/cannot-compile-and-link-avr-program-in-os-x
> We're on version 1.8.0 in Fedora 23 and 24 and apparently version 1.8.1 has been released in 2014 and version 2.0.0 has been out since 02/2016. Any chance, there's an update for me to try out somewhere without having to recompile avr-libc myself?
>
> Cheers!

You're right that avr-libc is outdated. Would you mind testing this
scratch build and testing it with your avr-gcc?Available here:
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/6378/15046378/avr-libc-2.0.0-1.fc23.src.rpm

In fact, up to now the Atmel AVR distribution patches have been
included in Fedora's avr-libc package to make sure that we support all
chips. Nowadays, Atmel does not ship patches anymore, but patched
sources of avr-libc, avr-gcc, avr-binutils and avr-gdb here:
http://distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/Atmel-AVR-GNU-Toolchain/3.5.3/
The scratch build above doesn't provide Atmel patches, though, this
still needs work, but I'll be interested to know if it compiles in the
current state?

Thanks,
Thibault