Re: F25 System Wide Change: Automatic Provides for Python RPM Packages

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Tomas Orsava <torsava@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh! In that case, the documentation could be improved. :)
> Have you tested it? Is it reliable?

It worked well enough for me when I was doing the testing and
development for getting it upstream. A variant of it also worked for
years in Mageia.

> And also, there have been some concerns about opting out:
> Can the packager opt out of the dependency generator? There are cases where
> that might be necessary.

That's up to you. You'll need to set up the fileattr stuff so that
it's possible to revert back to the simpler dep generator whenever a
packager wants to go that route. I'm fairly certain it's possible,
though.