Re: OpenSSL-1.1.0 COPR for Rawhide

On Fri, 2016-07-22 at 10:21 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-07-22 at 17:17 +0300, Antti Järvinen wrote:
> > Tomas Mraz writes:
> >  > for anybody insterested in testing and/or porting applications to the
> >  > new OpenSSL 1.1.0 API I've prepared a COPR repository:
> >
> > Strongly advised, OpenSSL 1.1 API changes slightly compared to 1.0 and
> > at least in debian the list of packages not compiling any more was rather
> > impressive, see
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=827061
> > and I'd expect something similar in other distributions too. Mostly
> > this is head-ache of upstreams but it might be good manners to file
> > upstream error tickets early :)
>
> Second, I was given a heads up about failing packages by an Ubuntu
> maintainer of upstream projects of mine, and I had to change every
> single one of them. I haven't rebuild all of them yet for Fedora either
> because the changes do not work at run time, I have to wait until Feodra
> Rawhide gets 1.1.0 anyway.
>
> So please land this as early as possible in Fedora as it will require to

Actually , given how disruptive this is going to be we may want to think
of creating a separate tag and rebuild the majority of core packages
that break there and only then tag it at once in rawhide, or rawhide
user experience will be miserable until all package maintainers get
around to fix it.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York