Re: F25 System Wide Change: KillUserProcesses=yes by default

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016, at 03:04 PM, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:

> I want to add a couple more to the scope: dnf and PackageKit.  I don't
> care *how* dnf and PackageKit get started.  If they're making changes,
> systemd should *not* zap them on logout.

PackageKit has been a daemon from the start (and this has been
a long-running major technological difference from yum).  For
precisely this reason, you wouldn't want logging out of your
desktop to break updates in the middle.

rpm-ostree is also a daemon, and what's notable here is unlike
the dnf/PackageKit situation, you can't even use rpm -Uvh, so
there is only one way to mutate the host system that is consistently
using a daemon.