Re: Requiring package test instructions

Dne 12.7.2016 v 18:49 Adam Williamson napsal(a):

> The idea is this: there could be a requirement for all packages to
> provide at least *some* kind of 'how to test' information.

If the package should be tested by human, I'd expect that there will be
some additional value, i.e. the human can search for the "how to test"
information by him self on the internet, the human has some interest and
knowledge about the package, try something I was not thinking about when
writing the "how to test" script etc. Following some "how to test"
guidelines makes not much sense to me, since I do these tests by myself.

If I should provide "how to test" information, it should be probably
script which should be run by AutoQA or something. But TBH, I have no
idea how to provide such script. There is precisely zero information
about this stuff on places I would expect (this one [1] as an example).
There is also zero support in tools such as fedpkg and dist-git.

I am pretty sure this would be more valuable then some "how to test"
document.

Vít

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers