Re: Too fast karma on Bodhi updates

On Mon, 2016-07-11 at 06:37 +0000, Raphael Groner wrote:
> I got karma on packages that were in stable already for a long time. The karma system is too tolerant in my eyes.
>
> Why is it possible to give +1 to stable packages? Bodhi may deny or at least impede such actions, -1 or neutral comments should be still possible though for users having issues.
>
> In case of testing packages, maybe it's a good idea to delay write
> access to karma system for some hours after new package got it into
> bodhi. We already have a blocking phase for edits from maintainer
> there, could it be extended to the karma system for both pending and
> testing status?

The 'blocking phase' isn't some kind of by-policy cool-down period,
it's simply a technical thing: updates are locked while any kind of
'push' involving that update is in progress, for strictly technical
reasons (if you edit the update in such a way that it shouldn't be
pushed, while it's being pushed, things can get out of sync).
--

Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey