Re: A new way of writing secure code

> On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 05:40 +0000, Ralf Senderek wrote:
>
> But it would be code that will not comply with Fedora's crypto policies
> [0].

The crypto policies state:

"Since Fedora 21 (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CryptoPolicy) there are policies for the usage of SSL and TLS cryptographic protocols that are enforced system-wide. Each application being added in Fedora must be checked to comply with the policies. Currently the policies are restricted to applications using GnuTLS and OpenSSL,"

Why do you think any code that uses cryptlib does not comply with this?

> Until that happens, software using it will have inconsistent
> crypto settings and thus I would not recommend using that lib in
> Fedora.

One of the main benefits of using cryptlib is the fact that consistent crypto settings ARE USED,
because the High-level interface makes it almost impossible that an inexperienced crypto
programmer will be able to screw up the system inadvertently by choosing the wrong parameters.