Re: [rawhide] [custom install] etc syslog symlink to file which doesn't exist (rsyslog is not installed)

On 2016-06-22, Petr Stodulka <pstodulk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just installed fedora custom installation of rawhide and found that
> there is created symlink */etc/system/systemd/syslog.service* to
> */usr/lib/systemd/system/ rsyslog*, however rsyslog isn't installed.
> I guess that there is missing dependency on the package.

/etc/system/systemd/ is for local changes made by the superuser. Not for
files delivered by packages. In my opinion, the file should not be
there.

> But I don't know who is responsible for creating of the file. Do You
> know someone about this more?

Is the file owned by a package (rpm -qf /etc/system/systemd/syslog.service)?

If not, than the file was created by some postinstallation script.
Anaconda? System presets?

-- Petr