Re: Notice on WebKitGTK+ API/ABI compatibility

Hello, Michael.

On Thursday, 09 June 2016 at 20:48, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> We have recently started updating all Fedoras to the latest stable
> release of WebKitGTK+ in order to provide effective security support.
> I'm pleased that so far we have had no bug reports related to these
> updates.
>
> Recently, FESCo wisely adopted a policy to ban stable release updates
> that break API or ABI, and while I believe we currently comply, we
> might be skirting the line a bit. We intend to offer a API and ABI
> compatibility indefinitely, most likely until GTK+ 4 is released,
> whenever that may be, but with two caveats.
[...]

Thank you for this declaration. It's good to set the expectations
explicitly.

Could you put this on a page in Fedora wiki and possibly add a link
in WebKitGTK+ package description and README file?

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."