RE: systemd 230 change - KillUserProcesses defaults to yes

Thank you!  While I find this debate interesting and appreciate both sides of the argument, I had to wonder the same.  I only log out I because I need to reboot.  I only login after that, or when my workstation crashed.  Otherwise, it's simply locked.  I wish I could complete what I'm working on in a single session, but my workflow is such that I'd be much happier if a single session could survive for months (or more but now I'm fantasizing).  I use screen/tmux at times, but generally only to multiplex a single TTY when X isn't available (e.g., to tail a log in real time while I fiddle in the shell).  Otherwise I'd much rather utilize my X window manager.  If the host I'm accessing is not my workstation, then it's almost always ssh (in an xterm).

Given all this, it shouldn't be hard to imagine I'd prefer the proposed change but I have no qualms in changing the default to suit my purposes -- I've been a deviant ever since RHL switched bash from vi mode to emacs mode.  :-)   (Anybody remember when that occurred? 5.x?)

--
John Florian