Fedora lists From munging/DMARC (Was: audio problems)

gil wrote on Mon, May 23, 2016 at 04:10:26PM +0200:
> i dont care . this is only a your businnes
>
> please, don sent me another email with the same contents

I don't know, but if you're asking for help you might want to watch your
spelling and your attitude.
I have no idea what your problem is, but I sure don't feel like looking
at it now...

The problem Jerry James pointed at is actually pointed at libero.it
asking for strict host checking and gmail actually implementing it, as
well as fedora mailing list not handling DMARC properly (which isn't
really possible, but list softwares make do by rewriting the From field
nowadays)

Gmail is technically right by dropping your mails to spam, because your
email provider asks it to.
There are a few others doing it, but I guess we don't have many yahoo
subscriber on this list ;)

The question is, should fedora's lists be configured to rewrite the
from ? I'm pretty sure mailman 3.1 can handle it, if we want it to.

I haven't seen any discussion about this, has it ever been brought up?
Do the admins have any opinion on it?

(I don't care, I don't use gmail and $work doesn't enforce spf strictly
at the moment)
--
Dominique Martinet