Re: F25 Self Contained Change: Replace UDisks2 by Storaged

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 15:49 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> With respect, the reason storaged exists is because Udisks2 upstream
> refused to
> accept patches to support LVM. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to
> merge them
> back together, but the fork happened because upstream was obstinate.

The old maintainer quit a few years ago, unfortunately. The new
maintainer, Martin Pitt, is just keeping the lights on in the absence
of an active maintainer, and has recently indicated that he's open to
the storaged folks taking over udisks. It would be good if the storaged
folks would work with Martin and seriously consider this option before
moving ahead.

Michael