Re: best approach for cleaning package metadata cache for old versions on upgrade?

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is also not really dnf-specific at all. Other apps or services may
> leave stuff behind in /var/cache too. One radical, but simple approach
> would be to simply rm -rf /var/cache after the upgrade. That would give
> you a system that is a bit closer to 'freshly installed' state.

I think that's a great idea, really. There's fontconfig/ and man/ that
accumulate files, and I have no idea if that can become stale in a way
newer versions don't account for, and we really shouldn't have to find
out the hard way. Just blow it all away and let it rebuild. This is
consistent with the PRD "Robust Upgrades" plan.

--
Chris Murphy