Re: Two questions about Alpha release

On Mar 29, 2016 11:25, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:07:56 -0400
> Eric Griffith <egriffith92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Question!
> >
> > Are Alpha images signed to work with Secure Boot? There's a bug Id
> > like to test out once I'm home, but both of my computer's get angry
> > if I turn off Secure Boot / the images aren't signed.
>
> Yes.

Thank you! Will test when I am able.

> > As a side point: does anyone know if Grub got fixed so that it no
> > longer crashes / segfaults if it encounters an unsigned kernel on a
> > secure boot enabled system?
>
> Is there a bug filed on that?
>
> I've not seen that one here, but I don't usually boot unsigned kernels.

There was, once upon a time, but I'm having trouble tracking it down.

What's more interesting is.. I've got a system in front of me, and I just installed rawhide-nodebug on it. Recreated Grub, rebooted, picked that entry from the boot menu.. And it booted. Secure boot is enabled, those kernels aren't signed (according to the wiki), shouldn't Grub be screaming its head off about the kernel not being signed?

--Eric--