Re: Status of XRDP in F23+

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:26 PM Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus.pokorra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Christopher,

please check [1] if your bug has been reported already.
Or report new bugs at [2], and hopefully the maintainers (see list at
[3]) should reply on the bugs.

Timotheus

[1]: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/xrdp/bugs
[2]: https://bugzilla.redhat.com
[3]: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/xrdp/

On 24 March 2016 at 16:38, Christopher <ctubbsii-fedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I sent a message to the users@ list[1] about XRDP, and didn't get a
> response. I'm curious what's the status of XRDP in Fedora. I tried to get it
> to work in the AWS cloud image for Fedora 23, and it didn't work (could
> authenticate, but it couldn't start vnc/gnome, but couldn't figure out why).
> I also had to change the context on the xvnc and xvnc-sesman executables to
> get even that far.
>
> Is XRDP in a known bad state right now? Is it not working a maintenance
> problem, or a user problem?
>
> [1]: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2016-March/469348.html

Hi, and thanks for the response. None of the open bugs match my experience. Right now, I'm still in an information-gathering stage. If I come across something that looks like a bug, I will certainly report it. However, right now, I'm still trying to figure out if anybody else is able to get it to work at all, or if I'm the only one, or if there's some other known issue with XRDP in Fedora. It might help if I knew what the XRDP test cases/test coverage was in Fedora.

If this has been tested and known to work, then it's probably just something I'm doing wrong and need to figure out. If it's not tested, and others aren't getting it to work either, then I probably need to do more digging to find out what specifically isn't working so I can report it as a bug.

(FWIW, I couldn't get it to work in CentOS 7, either, though it works fine in CentOS 6).