iproute package update policy

Hi,

So far my idea of maintaining Fedora's iproute package was to do full
version updates only in Rawhide and backport patches selectively to
stable versions on behalf of bug reports.

But since stable versions indeed receive full kernel updates (not just
backported patches), there is an understandable amount of frustration
amongst users when the shiny new kernel that comes with e.g. F22
provides features userspace does not support.

Especially since upstream iproute2 does not really have a concept of
stable versions, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here: update to keep in sync
with the kernel or not update to not unnecessarily destabilize the
system?

Any comments/advice are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Phil