Firefox not working anymore over ssh?

Hi

since last Monday or so, I have been able to run firefox over ssh
anymore.  I thought it was my setup, but further investigation showed
that it is something specific to firefox.

My setup is a bit more convoluted than this, but I am able to do:

$ ssh -X localhost gnome-terminal

And it shows a terminal as expected

$ ssh -X localhost firefox

Without a firefox running will hang there forever, no output at all.  I
tried doing strace of it, and see that is waiting for futexes.  But
haven't been able to see what is happening.

Until last Tuesday or so (I am on F23) firefox worked over ssh without
any problems.  I have been running it like that for something like a
year.

Anyone has any suggestion?  I tried also

$ ssh -Y localhost firefox

And it didn't helped at all (not that I am sure of the difference either).

Later, Juan.

PD.  Really, what I normally do is run ssh to a virtual manchine in the
     same host.