F25 feature Parallel Installable Debuginfo packages

Hi,

Now that f24 has branched I thought I would start early with a proposal
for a system wide change for f25:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ParallelInstallableDebuginfo

This is because I never proposed a system wide change before and so
could use some help finishing the proposal. If someone could help me
fill in the missing (procedural) blanks in the above proposal that would
be appreciated.

The idea requires various changes to upstream projects that are
(partially) responsible for generating (separate) debuginfo and
build-ids (binutils linkers, elfutils eu-strip, rpm debugedit and
find-debuginfo.sh) which I intent to write, but haven't yet.

I believe the changes I propose will only need changes in the debuginfo
producers, but that any debuginfo consumer (gdb, elfutils, systemtap,
systemd-coredump/abrt, valgrind, perf, etc.) should not need any
changes. But I might have forgotten something that might depend on
something I am proposing to change. So if people could check if the
basic idea and implementation suggestions are sane that would also be
appreciated.

Finally I hope that if the above proposal is accepted it will make some
other followup features easier. I did include an idea to extend the dnf
debuginfo-install plugin to pull in all debuginfo packages for a core
file or for processes running in a particular fedora container (so you
can easily profile, trace and debug from the host or a super privileged
container something running in another). Which should maybe be its own
feature idea.

Another feature that might become easier with this proposal is
having /usr/lib/debug and /usr/src/debug on an NFS share and install all
debuginfo versions on an NFS server. Or even extend that into
DebuginfoFS https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DebuginfoFS like the
clear linux project has
https://clearlinux.org/features/all-debug-information-all-time

Thanks,