Re: glibc in Fedora rawhide now split by langpacks.

Excerpts from Carlos O'Donell's message of 2016-02-29 11:04 -05:00:
> On 02/29/2016 06:32 AM, Petr Pisar wrote:
> > Mock (or rpmbuild?) sets LANG to en_US.UTF-8 instead of C in order
> > have UTF-8 locale when building packages because it was decided that
> > UTF-8 is the default (build) environment for Fedora.
> >
> > With removing en_US.UTF-8 from the glibc and thus minimal build root,
> > all koji builds are misconfigured now because setlocale(3) on "en_US.UTF-8"
> > fails without the locale definition in the file system.

One of my Python packages' tests failed in Koschei due to (I think) the
same issue. The tests were failing in Python 3 because now sys.stdout is
encoded as ASCII whereas it (presumably) should be UTF-8.

> > I assume changing the default build-time locale to C.UTF-8 could help.
>
> The glibc team guarantees you will have C.UTF-8 always.
>
> It should be the default.
>
> This is indeed related to the langpack split up and we are going
> to fix this shortly.

When you say it will be fixed, do you mean fixed by changing Koji to run
all builds in C.UTF-8 instead of en_US.UTF-8? Or fixed by ensuring that
en_US.UTF-8 is available in the build environment (by adding it to the
Koji build group I guess)? Or some other fix?

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer, Products & Technologies Operations