Re: glibc in Fedora rawhide now split by langpacks.

Dne 26.2.2016 v 11:20 Carlos O'Donell napsal(a):
> On 02/26/2016 05:02 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> You also forget to mention what Rawhide users are supposed to do.
>>
>> I assume that I should do:
>>
>> # dnf install langpacks-cs
>>
>> to have only czech language available and English should be available by
>> default, right?
> No languages are available by default, we did this because otherwise
> you keep carrying forward locales that you can't remove. So for F24
> you get nothing by default, and dnf langpacks plugin does everything
> for you in the background.
>
> If you're on rawhide, and you don't use langpacks, you can install
> the appropriate langpack by hand with `dnf install glibc-langpack-cs`.

This is very badly communicated I must say. I really don't understand,
why the suggested steps are not:

1) dnf install langpack-[your-language]
2) dnf update glibc\*

This should be the workflow and not "you use" or "you don't use". This
is not something which will be glibc specific. The
langpack-[your-language] is precondition to make this work, not to
suggest installing glibc-langapack-[your-language] or even
glibc-all-langpacks.

I am bit annoyed by this, because doing just "dnf update" will break the
system in a way that gnome-terminal won't start anymore, DNF is totally
busted etc. so simple instructions would be really appreciated.

Vít