Re: glibc in Fedora rawhide now split by langpacks.

On 02/26/2016 08:39 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 26.2.2016 v 11:20 Carlos O'Donell napsal(a):
>> No languages are available by default, we did this because otherwise
>> you keep carrying forward locales that you can't remove.
>
> For this reasons we have weak dependencies. I guess that:
>   Recommends: glibc-all-langpacks
> can do the work (install or by default, can be safely removed). Or
>   Suggests: glibc-all-langpacks
> so it is not installed by default, but users can get the information that it can enhance the usability of glibc.

Yeah, I think the best approach would be to have all the langpacks offer a
virtual Provides: glibc-langpack and have the main package Requires:
glibc-langpack and Suggests: glibc-all-langpacks. The net result would be that
unless a specific langpack was chosen, you'd end up with all of them to satisfy
the requirement. (This would also unbreak the upgrades without needing a patch
to dnf system-upgrade)