Re: CVE-2015-7547 fix for Fedora 21

On 19/02/16 20:18 +0100, Fabio Alessandro Locati wrote:
From my point of view, the whole concept of "EOL" is: if you use this
version you acknowledge that NO security patch will arrive and therefore
it's possible and very likely that you are running an unsafe system.

I think the important part is to help people to update to supported
versions, not to push patches is EOL releses.

He didn't push it to fedora repos, he created his own repo to share
packages with people who might use them.

I don't think anyone who is still running F21 is going to think
Kevin's one good deed for this important fix implies the rest of the
EOL distro is safe. If they are willing to configure a separate repo
to get the fix I assume they know they're running an EOL release, and
know what that implies.