Re: Fedora Rawhide 20160218 compose check report

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yet another completely avoidable fatal error caused by SELinux. How many
such show stoppers will it take until people finally realize that enabling
SELinux by default was a horrible idea?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I see SELinux like a seat-belt in a car.  Yes, you can point out some cases where someone would have been safer *not* wearing a seat-belt, or would have been less inconvenienced.  But the benefits vastly outweigh the inconvenience.  So yes, SELinux does cause the occasional problem in development -- but I'd much rather have slightly more complicated development if it means a safer experience for Fedora users.

--
Jared Smith