Re: System CA certificate trust store management meeting

On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 11:08 +0100, Tomas Mraz wrote:

> unfortunately probably due to no mention of the public meetings in the
> official DevConf schedule - they were mentioned only on a separate page
> in the DevConf brochure - there was only a single non-redhatter that
> appeared at the meeting.
>
> We had some informal discussion with him and the redhatters that were
> present. The conclusion was that our team should probably focus more on
> the crypto libraries support for the stapled extensions and using the
> trust store directly via the p11-kit-trust PKCS#11 module and not
> through the extracted certificate lists - namely OpenSSL lacks this
> support and probably should be the first priority to fix before any
> development of high-level trust management application/API should
> start.

I concur. We desperately need to fix the lack of PKCS#11 support in
OpenSSL. I'd love to see a suitably-licensed (re)implementation of
libp11 added directly to crypto/pkcs11 and properly integrated.

Not strictly *system CA* certificate... but we also need to fix NSS to
be compliant with the Fedora guidelines about using the correct tokens
as configured by p11-kit, and allowing applications to specify objects
by their PKCS#11 URI. Was that discussed? There was... bizarreness...
last time I raised it on the Mozilla dev-tech-crypto list.

David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx                              Intel Corporation