Re: Non-responsive package maintainer process - backintime

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Johannes Lips <johannes.lips@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Johannes Lips <johannes.lips(a)gmail.com&gt; wrote:
>>
>> You make a lot of assumptions in that statement.  People filter email
>> quite a bit and relying on bugzilla mail alone is not sufficient.
>>
>> I find it ironic that your original email said "I would like to
>> formally send a mail requesting some feedback from cicku.." but you
>> didn't bother to email him directly.  That doesn't strike me as very
>> formal.  I'm under no illusions that he is likely to respond to direct
>> contact either, but it should at least be attempted.
>>
> Why do I need to defend myself for following, perhaps not perfectly, the normal procedure in these cases and additionally I offered my help maintaining that package.
> I and another packager requested co-maintainership and are willing to help out, so I really don't see why I need to defend myself for the willingness to give up my valuable spare time.

I asked if you had sent him an email directly and instead of doing
that you waved off my question with assumptions.  I think it's
fantastic you want to pick up the packages and I fully support that.
However your attempt to follow the process is one of many lately that
don't actually follow the process and seem to want to short-circuit to
the end result.

The purpose of having a process is to follow it because we have
reasons for doing so.  Reminding people of that is part of the deal.
Conversely, if those reasons don't make sense then perhaps we need to
revise the process.  Either way, having a discussion around it isn't
an attack that you need to defend yourself against.

josh