Re: Orphaning The Mana World (tmw and tmw-music)

Hi,
As far as I know, manaplus and tmw refer to the same project. The latter is just the upstream name of the source archives. So according to the naming guidelines, tmw is a valid package name but I guess, it would also be fine to rename it to manaplus as it's more descriptive. Concerning the project status, I'm not up to date. Maybe Erik can give some more input about that. I put him on CC. Martin

TMW basically is the specific server (scripts, graphics, configuration). Manaplus is a fork of the Mana Client (which is no longer being developed). It is more an independent client. Other servers are using Manaplus as their client too.

So the branding package "tmw" only only provides a bit of theming for manaplus / mana. However the branding "upstream" moved into the manaplus package now. So if you look into the data/ dir of the Manaplus tarball you can see all the theming there.

So this is why I suggested to make manaplus providing the tmw package. I think this would be the easiest to maintain... Also this way one could maybe add theming for other servers too (for evol for example).

The best way to get support is to ask in #themanaworld-dev on freenode. Simply highlight 4144 and me (Ablu) there.

As a side note: I find the name "manaworld" a bit weird... I never heard anybody calling the game this way...

Regards,
Erik