Re: ssh X forwarding change in FC3

Havoc Pennington wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 16:19 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:31 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

Hmm? i haven't seen any problems with it, and i have used SSH (with X)
from anything from a mac to fc3 and fc2 computers, to fc3 and fc2
computers. Never any problem. Only thing worth mention is that the mac
and fc2 didn't understand the -Y flag, it just said it wasn't a real
flag. So we stuck to X, and everything worked. From fc3 we also needed
-Y, and then copy/paste would work. No problem whatsoever.

-X of course is going to work. If -Y works for you I'm surprised. Are
you saying you pass both -X and -Y? Maybe that disables trusted mode.
Copy and paste should not work from a trusted app to untrusted because
the untrusted app would need to read data from a trusted window.

Doh, -Y enables trusted X so all the windows are trusted. The default (have untrusted windows) is the thing that doesn't work.

Havoc

All these Xs and Ys are confusing me too not to mention giving me nightmarish flashbacks of college genomic study when i sleep.

--
Michael Favia          michael.favia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Insites Incorporated  http://michael.insitesinc.com