Re: F24 Self Contained Change: System Python

On 08/02/16 08:27 +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
python3 package to be split in several more subpackages:
* system-python-libs - a subset of standard Python library considered
essential to run "system tools" requiring Python
* system-python - /usr/bin/system-python binary (interpreter) for the
tools to be able to run, provides system-python(abi)
* python3-libs brings in the remaining subset of standard Python
library and will require system-python-libs, thus packages requiring
it (directly or indirectly) will get the entire standard Python
library
* python3 still requires python3-libs and provides python(abi)

The term "system tool" in this context means any package where a
maintainer wishes to require system-python package instead of python3
package.

I'm not opposed to this change (I don't have an opinion) but this
seems like an almost circular definition.

system-python-libs is defined as "whatever system tools want to use"
and "system tools" are defined as "anything that uses system-python".

So I could create a package that uses system-python, but requires some
large or obscure piece of the Python standard library, and then insist
that it is added to system-python-libs. The definitions should prevent
that.