Re: On packager motivation

kendell clark wrote:
> However, this is not always easy. The comments in this thread about
> packagers can also be applied, easily, to the upstream community. Some
> devs are friendly and helpful, while others are do it my way types of
> people. Chromium is a good example of the latter.

As the QtWebEngine (qt5-qtwebengine) packager, I can second that. While the
QtWebEngine developers at Qt are more helpful, what they can do is limited
by what Chromium supports (because they don't want to heavily patch
Chromium). And Chromium refuses, for example, to support x86 CPUs without
SSE2, so I can only add that support as a downstream patch.

        Kevin Kofler