Re: In A World Where...TCs don't exist?

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 03:03:33PM +0100, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> On Fri 29 Jan 2016 02:51:31 PM CET Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 04:33:19AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> Hi, folks! I thought this might be about the appropriate time to throw
> >> this out there.
> >>
> >> There hasn't been a big news press on this, but some of you may know
> >> that releng is fairly close to switching over to Pungi 4 for composes.
> >> For those of you who don't know:
> >>
> >> releng is fairly close to switching over to Pungi 4 for composes.
> > [...]
> >
> > Any chance you can publish metadata for these releases?  ie. this 2
> > year old request:
> >
> >   https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5805
> >
> > We're in the awkward situation now where OpenSUSE and Ubuntu publish
> > machine-readable metadata, but Fedora does not (or if it now does,
> > please point me to it so we can start using it).
> >
> > Many people would test the cloud images and test their software on
> > cloud images if they could do:
> >
> >   $ virt-builder fedora-rawhide
> >   $ virt-builder fedora-nightly-YYYYMMDD
> >
> > or whatever to get them.
>
> I think you might be looking for something like this?
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/rawhide/latest-Fedora-/compose/metadata/
>
> See the files in the directory for details, be aware the rpm one is huge
> though :-)

Possibly.

Really we're looking for cloud images though (ie. *.qcow2), not
install ISOs or trees.  I thought Pungi did both?

There are a few missing fields we require too:

 - size of the disk image (especially when the image xz-compressed, we
   need the uncompressed size in order to plan how to resize it)

 - format of the disk image

 - name of the root filesystem (so we can resize the image intelligently)

 - cryptographically-secure checksum of the image

 - libosinfo database key (so we know what emulated devices to present)

And the metadata should be GPG signed.

I've got an example here:

  http://libguestfs.org/download/builder/index.asc

I'm not hung up on the specific format -- for Ubuntu they use a thing
called "SimpleStreams" which we implemented support for -- but it
needs to contain the same or a subset of that metadata.

Rich.